|Height||165 cm (5'5")|
|Weight||49 kg (108 lbs.)|
|Affiliation||Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Occupation||Captain of the 8th Division|
|Previous Partner||Haku Yumizuki|
|Base of Operations||8th Division HQ, Seireitei, Soul Society|
|Relatives||Saichi Hyoji (Sister)|
|Shikai||Seishi no hana|
Sakura Hyoji (Hyoji Sakura) is the captain of the 8th Division and is a protagonist character.
She has black hair and grayish black eyes which turns to red when she uses her Bankai.
Serious she might look, but actually is quite the care-free type. Even as a woman she drinks, and could even out-drink some men. Usually if she’s not busy teasing her tomboyish younger sister Saichi, or doing captain duties she would be found hanging upside down on a branch of a tree or in any place where she could relax with nature's company.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Expert Swordmanship Specialist: She wields two swords and both hands are capable of fighting with them, although her right arm is stronger than her left for she was originally right-handed.
Kidō Master: As much as possible she doesn’t pull out her swords for she thinks that it’s no fun having to fight with lives on the line. Thus, she has been using Kidō spells which, through frequent use, had made her a master of its way.
Seishin no Hana (Flower of Life and Death):
- Shikai: Its release command is "Wither...Bloom". Both sealed Zanpakutō transforms into their Shikai state. At times she spars with her own Zanpakutō's Spirit, namely Shi, she releases only one sword and its release command is: Bloom...Seimei no Hana (Flower of Life), or Wither...Shi no Hana (Flower of Death).
- Shikai Special Ability:
- Doronohana no Dansu: Sakura gracefully spins, as though a theatrical dance, and lifts her Zanpakutō, while spinning, from her midsection going up, pointing it to the sky. This enables her to concentrate her energy and the surroundings' on her Zanpakutō's tips and further amplify it when she releases spiritual energy into a massive and destructive brown hued wave.
- Jitenjiku Hane Ken: At times Sakura fuses together both her swords to make it powerful and then uses this technique wherein its as though her Zanpakutō's a boomerang, but she usually uses this when the swords aren't fused.
- Sakura's Zanpakutō contains toxins such as:
- Cicutoxin: Wreaks havoc in the central nervous system which may lead to loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions.
- Coniine: Causes death by disrupting your body's neuromuscular junctions, resulting in what is known as "ascending muscular paralysis." The paralysis typically begins in a person's legs, and ascends up the body until in reaches the respiratory muscles, resulting in death.
- Bankai: Not Yet Revealed